Up to $1,500 per year; Deadline 1/15/2018
Sponsored by the AAEP Foundation, Platinum Performance, and the Race For Education, this scholarship is available to veterinary students in their 2nd or 3rd year of study who are intending to enter equine veterinary medicine. Students applying during their 2nd year of vet school will receive scholarship funds during their 3rd year. Third-year students will receive scholarship funding during their 4th year. (more)
Please check back in December 2017 for all other Race For Education available scholarships.
How Do I Apply?
To apply for a scholarship, please click on the individual scholarship names. You may begin applying for the Winner’s Circle Scholarship on October 24, 2016. For all other scholarships you may begin applying on December 5, 2016.
What information will I have to provide?
You will be asked a series of questions and required to upload materials electronically which include:
- Signed letters of recommendation (Optional. Seal may be broken to scan and upload);
- Current official transcript (Optional, but may be requested at a later date. Seal may be broken to scan and upload);
- Student Aid Report (SAR) received in response to you filing the FAFSA; If you have not already applied for Federal Student Aid please do so prior to filling out your RFE application. You may do so HERE.
- If you have NOT received your Student Aid Report, you MUST submit either your parent/guardian’s previous year’s tax return and current year’s W2 form OR the current year’s tax return. (Additional years may be requested.);
- Financial aid award letter(s) (including other scholarship awards), if applicable.
- The RFE Google Form will save your information at any point during the process, so feel free to answer a little or all and then revisit.
- Documents can be uploaded as PDF, Word and/or image files.
- DO NOT PHYSICALLY SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO OUR OFFICE. Application must be made via the website link at the top of this page.
- PLEASE NOTE: For applications to the 4H ‘Leg Up’ Scholarship, you must still apply by mail.
- The 4H ‘Leg Up’ scholarship program is the ONLY scholarship you may apply for via mail. ALL other scholarships MUST be applied for via their individual links.
- For additional questions, please email email@example.com.
- All information uploaded to RFE is secure and will NEVER be shared with any third party.
*To be considered financially independent, a student must be at least 24 years old OR married OR a veteran OR an orphan OR have dependents of his or her own. Applicants who have been legally emancipated must provide documentation indicating such. No exceptions will be considered.
Notification of Scholarship Recipients
The Race For Education will work with donors, its board of directors and community leaders to form a Scholarship Selection Advisory Committee whose purpose it will be to make initial scholarship award recommendations. In all events, the Race For Education shall have ultimate approval authority over final scholarship award recipients. All scholarship applicants and recipients will be notified no later than May 31, 2017.